Since 1996, The New Jersey Club Foundation has provided scholarships to recognize students who have demonstrated a sincere desire through their actions to pursue a career in Club Management.
Each academic year, the NJCF may award up to four scholarships between $2500 and $5000 to full or part time students, (based on the availability of funds and merit of applications). Scholarship awards will be made at the recommendation of the Selection Committee and approval of The New Jersey Club Foundation Board. The scholarship award will be made in November at the NJCMA’s Annual Meeting.
Who should apply?
Any student who is actively seeking a career in the private club industry and is currently attending an accredited, four-year College or University, may apply.
- Active membership and participation in the CMAA Student chapter at their college or university.
- Proof of part time or full time work, or an internship for a minimum of 300 hours, in the immediate past 12 months, at a club located in New Jersey belonging to the National Club Manager’s Association (CMAA).
- Demonstrate academic achievement with a minimum GPA of 2.25 on a 4.0 scale.
- Freshman and Sophomores must be taking or have completed an introductory course in hospitality. Juniors and Seniors must be taking or have completed a 3 credit course dedicated to Club Management.
- Successful completion of one semester in a 4-year Hotel, Restaurant and Institutional Management program.
To apply for The New Jersey Club Foundation Scholarship, you must provide the following:
- Complete and submit an official application by October 1st.
- Letter(s) of recommendation from the New Jersey club manager for whom you worked
- Letter(s) of recommendation from a CMAA Student Chapter Advisor
- Current resume
- An essay (Maximum 1000 words) addressing the following components:
- Your career objectives
- What has motivated you to pursue a career in club management?
- Why do you think you will succeed as a club manager?
- What specific knowledge, skills and abilities are important for a career in club management
- Your specific involvement in CMAA activities and the private club industry.
- Why you feel that you should be a New Jersey Club Foundation Student Scholarship recipient.
Include a copy of your most recent sealed official college transcript(s) in the completed application package.
Please collect all documents yourself in one package and mail in time for deadline.
New Jersey Club Foundation
C/o Rumson Country Club
Attn: Cindy Williams, CCM
163 Rumson Road
Rumson, NJ 07760
Phone (732) 842-3333