THE RITA F. GALANTE
CMAA WORLD CONFRENCE SCHOLARSHIP
The New Jersey Club Foundation is establishing the Rita F. Galante World Conference Scholarship to honor long time chapter member Rita F. Galante.
She worked for 25 years at the Maplewood Country Club, rising to become general manager. Her success at Maplewood led Forest Hill Field Club in Bloomfield, N.J., to hire her as general manager, the position she held until her retirement in 1993.
In 1975, Rita Galante became the first women from New Jersey admitted to the Club Managers Association of America, and NJCMA . Always a dynamic presence, Rita was active in the New Jersey chapter of the Club Managers Association of America, joining the Board of Directors in 1977. She was the first woman elected President of the New Jersey chapter, a position she held from 1984-1986 and again in 1991-1992. In all, she served on the Board of Directors for 15 years.
The purpose of this scholarship is to provide the opportunity for a Female Professional Member, of the New Jersey Chapter of the Club Managers Association of American, to attend the CMAA World Conference and Business Expo for the first time. (Attendance as a student chapter member is acceptable).
The NJ Club Foundation will award one scholarship annually, based on the availability of funds and merit of application to a Female Member of NJCMA to attend CMAA's World Conference and Business expo, for the first time as a Professional Member of NJCMA. (Attendance as a student chapter member is acceptable). The Scholarship will cover all costs association with attending the conference up to $5,000; registration, housing at the host hotel, transportation, meals, etc.
To Apply for the Rita F. Galante World Conference Scholarship:
- A current resume that lists work experience and educational background.
- Must be a professional member of NJCMA/CMAA for a minimum of 1 year.
- Must have attended a minimum of 5 NJCMA events in the previous calendar year (Chapter Meetings, Wine Society Events, Workshops and Yo-Pro events are all acceptable.(Due to Covid-19 this criteria may be amended at the committee's discretion)
- A letter of support from your clubs General Manager.General Managers applying should submit a letter from their club president or owner.
- A 500-1,000 word essay explaining the reason you wish to attend World Conference and how you think this experience will benefit you personally and your club.
This Scholarship is for the 2021 CMAA World Conference and Business Expo in Tampa Fl.
(If for any reason the scholarship cannot be used in 2021 due to Covid-19 related events, the recipient may attend the 2022 World Conference in San Diego.)
Applications will be accepted until September 15, 2020. Winner will be announced at the Annual Meeting on November 10, 2020.
Please submit application to:
Cindy Williams, CCM
c/o Rumson Country Club
163 Rumson Road
Rumson, NJ 07760
Click below to download: