Karl G. Habib Wine Scholarship
WINE SOCIETY NEWS
2019 Karl G. Habib Honorary Wine Scholarship Application
Karl Habib was a member of the NJCMA Board of Directors and the Chairman of the NJ Club Managers Wine Society. He currently serves on the CMAA International Wine Society Board of Managers. Karl's vision was to raise funds to provide a scholarship opportunity to an aspiring Club Manager who was passionate about wine and eager to increase their wine knowledge. Hosting winemaker luncheons has been a successful way for the committee to raise funds for the scholarship, as well as providing members with continuing wine education opportunities. The purpose of Karl G. Habib New Jersey Wine Society Scholarship is to provide tuition for a Mid-Level NJ Club Manager who has a passion and love for wine, and is interested in continuing his or her professional development to attend a BMI Wine & Food Experience or other educational opportunity as approved by the NJ Wine Society Committee.
The NJ Wine Society will award one scholarship annually, based on the availability of funds and merit of application. In order to help recipients expand upon their knowledge of wine, the scholarship will cover the registration fee associated with the BMI Food & Wine Experience (or other agreed upon wine education) and related travel and housing expenses (up to $5,000). Travel must be made at least two weeks in advance of the workshop and recipients must be housed in the conference host hotel and abide by the hotel's registration deadline for expenses to be reimbursed.
Who Should Apply
Any current Mid-Level New Jersey Club Manager who is dedicated to professional development in the area of wine is invited to apply.
To apply for the Karl G. Habib New Jersey Wine Society Scholarship:
- Complete an application form and return the application to the NJ Wine Society by Wednesday, October 1st, 2019
- Enclose a copy of your current resume
- Enclose two letters of recommendation from peers within the NJ Chapter
- Write an essay (500 to 1,000 words) addressing the following components:
- Describe in detail your career objectives and goals.
- Explain in detail the reasons you wish to pursue your professional development in the area of wine and food
- Describe your specific interest within the club management field
Please Note: All applications, essays and other required attachments must be typed and must meet all of the requirements listed above to be considered
- The scholarship only applies to the BMI Wine & Food Experience if not yet taken and is not transferable to other educational programs, unless specifically approved by the NJ Wine Society Committee
- The scholarship must be used within three years of receipt
- Travel must be made at least two weeks in advance of the workshop and recipients must be housed in the conference host hotel and abide by the hotel's registration deadline for expenses to be reimbursed
Please submit application to:
James Creamer, Chairman of the New Jersey Wine Society
Join the International Wine Society